The following are examples of what we accept – and don’t accept – for consignment at Rugrats Resale. These lists are to serve as guides. We generally accept any children’s item provided it is in excellent condition. If you have questions about an item, feel free to contact us!
These examples are almost always accepted at Rugrats Resale!
- Toys: Toys should include all major parts. If a minor part is missing, it should be clearly noted on the tag. Battery operated toys must include working batteries, functional battery covers, and applicable chargers.
- Books: Children’s and Maternity hardcover and paperback books are welcome. Books should be in good condition, free of writing and torn pages. Partially completed sticker books are not accepted.
- Video Games, DVDs, & CDs: Games rated ESRB TEEN and under and Children’s DVDs rated G and PG are welcome at our sale. Children’s music CDs only, please.
- Infant Equipment: High chairs, bouncers, swings, strollers, activity mats, and stationary chairs are all great items to sell at Rugrats Resale. These items should all be sanitized and function properly.
- Outdoor Play Equipment: Bikes, trikes, scooters, ride-ons, playsets, and wagons are examples of items that are accepted. Play equipment must be clean and in good working order.
- Children’s Furniture: Toddler beds, cribs, mattresses, changing tables, rocking chairs, gliders, and twin size headboards are all accepted. Furniture must not show signs of excessive wear.
- New or Unopened Baby Items: New items sealed in factory packaging or with the original tags tend to sell very well. For example, unopened diapers and pacifiers sell quickly!
These items are generally accepted; however, they require some special attention. If you plan to consign any of the items listed here, please make sure you follow the restrictions carefully.
- Bedding: Single layer blankets and sheets are the only bedding item accepted at the sale.
Used comforters, quilts, crib bumpers, pillows, sleeping bags, and any bedding item that contains fiber fill will not be accepted at the sale. PA state law requires that previously owned items with fiber fill be sprayed prior to sale. At this time, the spraying process is too labor intensive for us to accept these items. If you are selling a used bedding set, be sure the set does not include items with fiber fill. For more details, see the spraying section at the bottom of the page.
In addition to the above, all infant sleep positioners of any type are prohibited in accordance with federal government recommendations.
- Boppy Nursing Pillows: Boppy nursing pillows may be listed for sale. However, the pillows require spraying by PA state law. Please remove Boppy pillows from their cases prior to drop off. You can attach the pillow case to the Boppy with a safety pin.
- Bumbo Baby Seats: Bumbo Baby Seats are accepted provided they have been fitted with the free repair kit as detailed in the recall information posted here.
- Cribs: Cribs must be manufactured after June 28, 2011 per government regulations. Cribs with an earlier date of manufacture will not be accepted.
- Board Games & Puzzles: Board games and puzzles must include all pieces as described on the original box. Games with missing pieces will not be accepted at the sale. “Add ons” for games – such as additional card decks or expansion packs – are also not accepted.
- Arts & Crafts: New or like-new art supplies and craft projects are always accepted at the sale. Please do not list craft items that have been used. This includes coloring books with missing or colored pages, boxed craft projects that have been opened, and sticker books that have been partially completed.
These items are not accepted for consignment with Rugrats Resale.