Fall 2019 Changes
Let me first start by saying how excited I am going into the Fall 2019 season. As you know, things were a little chaotic in the spring as I purchased Just Kids Resale just three weeks before the event date, which happened to fall directly in between my State College and Altoona sales. I think everything went pretty smoothly, all things considered, however it was evident that some changes would be made to both Rugrats Resale and Just Kids Resale in order to create some consistency between all the sales. Before I outline those changes, let me first say that you, the consignors, volunteers, and shoppers are so vital to this business and I really value all constructive feedback that is given in a kind and helpful way. I want this business to work for you, but it also has to work for me. Having had two of the greatest teachers in this business that I could have had, I was able to take so much from each and merge so that we can have the best of both worlds.
- In an effort to keep everyone updated without boring you, you'll see shorter, bullet-pointed emails. This is important because they will be full of links leading you to useful information. Please be sure to click what you need and know what pertains to you. Unfortunately, the longer emails weren't getting read and important information was being missed because it was in the midst of old information. The new way will keep the information in front of you as long as you click on what is relevant. Please feel free to respond to the next email with some feedback. Again, constructive feedback is much appreciated,
- The website is undergoing major construction. Most pages have been completed, but there will be continuing changes throughout the summer.
- A Refer-A-Friend program for consignors will be rolling out soon. Watch for more information on that next month.
Changes to Rugrats Resale
- Minimum Price point is being dropped to $.50 and prices can be set in increments of $.50 (Ex: $1.50, $2.50). This is on a TRIAL BASIS! All items should continue to meet the quality standards, and bundled items are still highly encouraged. If the lower minimum becomes a gateway to consigning junk, it will be set back up to $2.
- Car seats will now be accepted with a visible date, providing that they are less than 5 years old. A waiver will need to be signed by the consignor stating that the seat has never been in an accident. Car seats must be clean and not recalled.
- The consignor fee has been raised to $7 and will need to be paid at registration via PayPal. If you'd like to send a check instead, you can Contact Us. This is to cut down on the number of consignors who don't show up and don't unregister, claiming drop off shifts and volunteer shifts that other people would like but can't access because they are already filled.
- The minimum volunteer shifts required to be refunded the $7 consignor fee has been lowered to two shifts, however these do not include non-labor shifts. See the shift info page for more information.
- The increased consignor percentage threshold has been lowered so now volunteers with 3 shifts can get an extra 5%, while volunteers working 4 or more can still get the extra 10%. This gives an opportunity to make a little more even if you can't get to 4 shifts.
- In order to get the increased percentage, one of the volunteer shifts MUST be a sort shift. If you are physically limited and absolutely can not do a sort shift, there are less labor intensive things that you can do. Just contact us to work something out.
Changes to Just Kids Resale
- The Just Kids website has been merged with Rugrats so the structure and layout are very different. Take a few minutes to navigate through to be sure you can find what you need. Contact us with any questions, concerns, or broken link discoveries.
- Those volunteering for three shifts may bring one guest to the presale. Those volunteering four or more shifts may bring two guests! Guests must check in at the door giving the volunteer's name that invited them.
- The maximum $1000 sales in which to receive the extra consignor percentage has been lifted. There is now no maximum that you can earn from the extra 10% for volunteering, however I reserve the right to place the maximum back on if this is being abused. (Ex: multiple consignors using one account to volunteer for fewer shifts.)
- Just Kids will return to seasonal requirements for clothing. Fall sales should be fall/winter clothing and spring sales should be spring/summer clothing. See the accepted items page for more details. Short sleeve shirts that are not summery will be accepted at the fall sale on a trial basis. If the racks get too full though, short sleeves may be pulled and restocked after the presale.
- In order to free up space for children's items, Juniors and maternity clothing will no longer be accepted, but they can be consigned at Women's Resale in June. Please do not tag juniors items as bigger girls' items; they are not the same. Any juniors items marked as girls (Ex: a 0 in jeans marked as a 12 in girls, a small juniors shirt marked as a 14) will be pulled and fast passes will be revoked for repeat offenders. Hollister, Aeropostale, and American Eagle are all examples of juniors brands that are not children's.
- Presale times have been expanded to help with the congestion during the busiest times. It will begin at 1pm and end at 8pm. For the detailed breakdown, visit the Presale page.
- The whole sale has shifted back a day to end on Sunday instead of Saturday. Presale will be Thursday instead of Wednesday, public sale days will be Friday and Saturday, and half price and tear down will be on Sunday,
- Public Sale times have changed as well. Public sales will now run from 10am-8pm.
I know this is a lot of new stuff, but I have confidence that we will all adapt to these changes and anything new that may come along. I look forward to seeing you all this fall sale season, and Happy Tagging!